Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Knew I Should Have Stayed in Bed

Last Wednesday night, I was laying in bed thinking that for the next 2 days I was going to stay home and keep my kids home too. Everyone has been plagued with cough after cough, and I was just plain exhausted. But then I never did anything about it. Thursday morning rolled around and I slept in. Totally forgot about the girls who come over early on Thursday morning. I was awakened by the pounding on the door. I jumped from bed and ran down the hall. I felt myself step on the first 2 steps and then all of a sudden I was on the landing - I had fallen down the stairs. I laid there as Jacob opened the door for the girls. There mom came in and asked if I was alright or needed anything. Yeah, I did. I needed to go back to bed for the next 2 days. I came down and talked to her for a couple of minutes, and as she was getting ready to leave, she handed me a bag. When I went to grab the bag, I noticed that my hand was bleeding. I guess I was hurt a little more than I thought. Upon further assessment, I had 2 deep holes (cuts) in my right hand middle finger and major carpet burn on the left wrist. I was also hurting in my neck. But persevere I must. I went to school and while I was working a kid came up to me and asked me if I was going to the PTO meeting (I am the treasurer). I said, "Crap!", then realized I had work to do before then. After work I had to do come paperwork for Grace's teacher. Then I raced home, reconciled the PTO bank account, stopped payment on a missing check, made dinner, and packed a snack for my kids to eat while I was at the meeting. I got back in time for the meeting, and made it through the meeting without any issue. We were on our way home from the meeting when Jacob asked me if I was supposed to be watching the neighbor girl. "Crap!", I yelled, as I stepped on the gas and sped home. Never mind that it was 5:15, and Christina gets home from school at 4:40. Why did I ever get out of bed? I raced to Christina's house where I quickly picked her up, drove home, stuffed food in my kids' faces and then had to leave for volleyball. Fast-forward to Friday, nothing...nothing....work.....nothing.....nothing.....stop at Walmart to pick up subs for the next days basketball tournament. Get the subs, go home, unload everything, go to the bathroom. While sitting in the bathroom, I realized I had forgotten to pick up Jacob from basketball practice! "Crap! Everybody in the van again!" What a bunch of crap. Sometime in there I came to the realization that my fall down the stairs must have done something to my finger - the cut middle one on my right hand - you know, the one you use for everything? I am in excruciating pain and my finger is throbbing. Tomorrow morning I am going to try and get into the doctor to get it looked at. I pray he can do something. This is ridiculous. I guess the good thing about it is that Greg realizes I am handicapped and wouldn't let me go to the grocery store by myself. I was nice to have someone else doing the work.So, even though I think my finger is broken, I must go and get on the treadmill. I have 75 miles to accomplish before the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment