Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I was just listening to my girls, who are in the shower together. There was whispering, then I heard Jadyn crying. Then Grace said "Don't worry. I won't tell." So, being the diligent mother I am, I snuck up to the bathroom and sat outside the door and listened. Grace told Jadyn they could stick a needle in it, or would she rather have mom's nails pinching it? There was more discussion of "popping it" and more crying, so i decided to stick my head into the shower. Grace was holding Jadyn, who was crying, deathly afraid that the "boo boo" on her stomach was a pimple and it needed to be popped. I reassured Jadyn that, even if it was a pimple, we would NOT pop it. We would just put medicine on it. Then I left. But not before I heard Grace whisper to Jadyn, "See? I told you it wouldn't be that bad." Now, as I type this Grant is standing outside the bathroom, screaming, "Grace!!! What is your passcode? (to her ipod)" Now he is standing by me asking me if I know it. Of course I do. I am the Mom. Jacob is downstairs, singing, as he is kicking Greg's butt in some game on xbox. I LOVE MY KIDS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

There is so much I have to talk about. I guess around this time of year, I always get backed up with trying to print this book out. Oh well. 

Jacob went up north last weekend with his friend Noah. It was his first time really being away from home (without family). We ended up getting a third cell phone, so that I would be able to get ahold of him whenever I wanted. (Which I later told Greg was a mistake, but he encouraged me that we would definitely be using it) Jacob had a great time, but what is even more important in this story is the reputation he set for himself, and for our family. I have never been prouder than I am right now of him. His friend's mom gave him glowing remarks.  Here is one of them posted on FB:
Sue Fitzpatrick That was just an act, tell that kid you are going to take his picture and he turns into such a ham . Michelle , I sure hope my kids are as good with someone else as he his. What a delight.
This was posted after she sent me a picture of Jacob after he had just eaten a HUGE pancake. Here is the picture.

She also told me about how well he and Noah got along - like angels, is what she said. Then when Noah and his brother had to go stack wood, Jacob got up and went right out with them and got to work. Granted, this boy is not always like this, but I was more than pleased to see that when he was out in public, he was on his best behavior. Next step, doing this kind of stuff at home! But SO VERY PROUD of you Jacob!!!!!


















And just to get myself caught up...... we have pictures from our day of sledding at Farms. Super fun....even though putting the videos here would be much more fun. It's just not gonna happen. Then we have Grace post-birthday party fun. She went to a party where they did hair, nails and make-up. She looked so grown up that day. She also wanted to keep her hair like it was for church the next day, so we wrapped her head in toilet paper (because Grandma said that her mom used to do that). It did a pretty good job of keeping the hair in place. It just needed some fluffing. Then we have the kids being pulled in a boat behind the rhino. It was an excellent sled option put together by Grandpa. The last one is Jadyn and Grant on the pig at the meat place. Jadyn said, "Mom, take out picture and put it on Facebook." I guess they are learning the way of technology much earlier these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment