Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good Friday

I forgot to post about one of the most important things that has happened in my life as a mom so far. On Good Friday, we went to church. The "we" included: Stephanie, Jacob, Emma, Jessica, Jacob, Grace, Jadyn, Grant, Madalyn, Delaney and I. We went to Stephanie's church. At one point during the service, they showed a video clip of what Jesus may have gone through on the cross. Technically, we can't know because we weren't there, but I would imagine that whatever He went through was way worse that we could imagine. Anyway, as the clip was playing, I looked down the row of kids and saw Grace bawling. Not just tearing up, or silently sobbing, but weeping openly. I asked her if she wanted to sit by me and she told me she would be alright. After a few minutes though, she was down next to me. She said to me, "Jesus did THAT for me? I never thought it was like that." We just sat there, holding each other, weeping over what Jesus did for us and Grace's new realization of it. It was one of the very most amazing moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment