Friday, May 4, 2012

The Night Before My 37th Birthday

Apparently it has been a while. Today is the day before my 37th birthday. It was a lovely day. I had cake and presents from my friends at school. I was serenaded by the entire kindergarten class at lunch - and they even had a cake for me too! I worked forever at school, then rushed home to lay on the couch, as I was so tired from the busy-ness of the week. It was Teacher (Staff) Appreciation Week at school and that meant there was a lot to do. That also meant that for all there was to do, I also got to reap the benefits because I am staff. Ha! I love that!! Anyway, cereal and toast for dinner then off to Jacob's baseball game, where they creamed the Astros 13-1. Out to Dairy Queen to celebrate (I am now officially sick), then everyone home to shower. Kids are all snuggled in bed and Greg is over cleaning the new bathrooms - all 4 of them!!! I am thinking about working - but dreaming about going to bed. I never even mentioned that part of the busy-ness of the last 2 weeks was that we purchased a house. 5 houses down from where we currently are. Sure makes cleaning and moving easy. Between closing, the painter, the new carpet and the carpet cleaner....plus my mom and aunt shopping as if there was no budget....things have been seriously busy. Add on top of that all the end-of-the-year school stuff, baseball 3 nights a week and softball (Greg and I) the other 2 nights....things are out of control. But in a good way, I think. Tomorrow is my birthday (as I think I may have mentioned before). This morning Grace had a sad look on her face as she came up and told me she did not have anything planned for my birthday yet. Then she asked if I could order a sub and if she could call Mrs. Nadeau and ask her to make a cake. I said that maybe she should talk to her dad first. Suffice it to say, dad has a plan and Grace decided that she would take her gift card and buy me something with it. I told her I would be most happy if she bought something for herself, but she insisted that she buy me something. This is a hard thing....I do not want to take her money, but I do not want to discourage her generosity. So, Greg took her shopping tonight and she was VERY excited. She is so sweet. Jadyn wrote me a love note and gave it to me today. And Jacob told me his gift to me was that I could use his iPod Touch whenever I wanted. Now, that is bigtime. Have I told you yet how blessed I am? If not, let me say it again......I am very blessed. Thank you LORD! I am all over the place here. So I am going to be done for now. Have a good night. I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment