Monday, April 16, 2012

Saturday I had a nice day, sitting at the hospital, waiting for Steve to be released. Julie had a flat tire on her van, so I was going to take her up to pick up Steve. Well, as is sometimes the case with hospital discharges, it took a while. I know I left my house at 10:30 am and I returned home sometime after 4:30 pm. It was a long time, but I had a nice (quiet) time, sitting in Steve's room working on my computer and being part of their family. When I got home, I was tired and knew I needed to take a nap, as I was supposed to pick my sister and her friend up from the airport at 11:30 pm. Fast forward some in the day and the flight plans changed so that they were not coming in until 12:54 am. Oh joy. So, I went to bed at 8:30 and set my alarm for midnight. When I got up at midnight, I was refreshed and ready to go (thank You, LORD). My loverboy had prepared coffee for me so all I had to do was wait for it to brew. While I was waiting, I decided to check the flight status. Oh was I unpleasantly surprised to see that now the flight was not coming in until 1:24 am. Great, and I am now wide awake and could have slept another 45 minutes. Oh well. I picked them up, dropped Kristie off at her apartment, took my sister to my mom's work (to pick some stuff up and, of course, visit at 2:45 in the morning) and was back in my bed by 3:30 am. I woke up instantly at 7:41 am and swore. I forgot that I was making Sunday dinner and I was supposed to put it in the crockpot when I got home (at 3am). Crap. I decided to put the roasts in the oven. I ran to the pantry to get the french onion soup, only to find that I had none. Joy. I went and threw on some clothes and ran to Meijer. Dinner was on, everyone was up for church and Grace had a migraine. (This is, in my humble opinion, another one of those irritants for our own good.) Her headache meant I stayed home with her and we both slept. Heaven knows, I needed it.

At 1pm, it was time for Grant's nap. What a happy occasion that it was thunderstorming then too. So, I went and got in bed with Grant. We laid there listening to the rain and the thunder, and all I could do was smile. In fact, my cheeks actually hurt, I was smiling so much. I love a stormy afternoon nap. I love it more than words can say. In fact, it is one of my most happy places. That, combined with a good cup of coffee in a pretty cup, and a good book. That is my happy place. So, I laid there praising God for the storm that I knew was just for me. I finally fell asleep and slept for 2.5 hours. Ahhhhhhh....I think I needed that. I know I did. It was my reward for a long, busy, somewhat sleepless week. Thank you LORD for your blessings. Blessings that are new every morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment