Thursday, December 23, 2010

Truth for Today

Reading from Proverbs 23:16 (speaking from a parent to a son [or daughter]):

my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.

As I read this, I was thinking about some of the things I have seen my kids do recently. A couple of days ago, as Grace was getting in trouble, Jacob brought money to me to "buy" her freedom. While this practice does not work, I rejoiced at the compassion he felt for his sister (with whom he fights constantly) and the lengths he would go to for her. This morning I had Jadyn and Grant in my lap and they each looked at the other and said seriously, "I love you". Now that is lips speaking what is right. And I love that it was the two of them (my babies) and that they did it without any prompting from me. The Scripture is TRUTH. A parent (especially this one) rejoices when their children speak what is right. Praise be to our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment