Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Kids - they make me laugh, smile, think, wonder

Jacob

We were reading yesterday in James, and it was talking about not committing murder or adultery, and if you don't commit one but commit the other, you are still a lawbreaker. Jacob piped up and asked if the guys in the military were guilty of committing murder when they kill people in war. I was amazed. Mostly, because I really didn't think he was even paying attention, but then also because I wasn't sure how to answer it. I think what I said was along the lines of there has always been war and the people fighting the war are protecting their nations and I think that kind of "killing" is different from plain murder. That sounds like a terrible sentence, doesn't it? This post was because I was so proud of Jacob's listening and asking the tough questions.

Grant

Grant (and Jadyn) spent some time with Grandpa today. Yesterday, Grant got a new pair of snow boots and wore them over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. After I picked the kids up, we went to school to get Jacob and Grace. As we were walking in, Grant told me that he wanted to "walk like a duck, like Grandpa". Apparently, Grandpa was teaching him how to walk in snow boots on ice. Nice.

Jadyn

Jadyn had speech a couple of days ago. For whatever reason, she had her lesson with another boy. After they were done, the teacher came out and told me that Jadyn "promptly told Ross [the other boy] that she already had a boyfriend". Are you kidding me? I do not know where this kid gets this stuff from. Amazing.

Grace

I get the privilege of administering spelling test in Grace's class. I usually go on Tuesdays, but today was Thursday and I had to go. So, this time....I got to quiz Grace. That girl. She tried to get me to help her cheat. Well, not really cheat, but she asked me to "help" her. Ummmm? No. She did awesome though.

My kids make me so proud. They are each so different and unique and so very special to me. I am a very blessed mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment