Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some Life Lessons

Had a garage sale this weekend. Mainly, the kids sold some stuff. A lot of stuff really. Then we had a lesson on "tithing", but I had to call it offering, otherwise they would have had no idea what I was talking about. Jacob sold a ton on Thursday, so by the time Saturday came around he was searching for anything he could put out to make more money. I had to gently remind him that he did have a brother that might just want to use these things he was trying to get rid of. But what an entrepreneurial spirit.

We are also learning compassion. A sweet little girl in Jacob's class has a brain tumor and has just entered Hospice care. So we are constantly lifting her and her family up in prayer. I am very concerned about how he (and Grace too) is going to handle this situation. He seems OK, but the other night I asked him how he felt and told him it was OK to be sad, angry and scared. He asked me if I felt any of these and I told him that I felt ALL 3. He then told me he was sad. So PLEASE pray for Erin and her family.

And we keep learning the very important lesson of patience. We are still trying to sell our house, but have another *monkey* in the system. I will continue to solicit your prayers for us...that we remain in the center of God's will. That we listen AND are obedient. I am really straining to hear "a voice behind me, saying, "This is the way, walk in it" (Isaiah 30:21) Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment