Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a Week.....

It has been an interesting week here. Well...not actually here, but all around us. Monday my MIL fell and broke one ankle and sprained badly the other. Found out today that she was supposed to be COMPLETELY bed-ridden, and yet was WALKING on her sprained and broken ankles. Oh my! More to come....Tuesday my BF Julie was admitted into the hospital for an emergency appendectomy (and I had 3 of her 5 kiddos for the day). They were soooo good though and I was totally spoiled by her daughter, Linnea, who was wicked good helpful! So then Wednesday rolls around and I am up at 7AM because I have to pick my aunt up and we are supposed to golf at 923AM, Well, at 7AM it was POURING, and I mean pouring. I was thinking to myself that it sure would be great to just sleep in instead, but I REALLY wanted to golf so I proceeded with my morning. Kids up, dressed, brushed, fed and then the phone rings and it is my aunt saying that golf was cancelled. Oh man...now I wasn't golfing AND totally missed sleeping in in the middle of a rain storm. What a big, fat bummer that turned out to be! So today I was to take dinner to Julie, go get a mammogram (which I was very nervous about) and then go visit my MIL. My mom had my kiddos THE WHOLE TIME. Wow!! So I took the dinner (which I was told was good) to Julie, then went to Novi for the mammogram. While I was there I learned that if you are nursing (which I am) you cannot get a mammogram. So I left and went to see my MIL. Most hilarious thing....she finally had to go to the bathroom....while I was the only one there! She was totally mortified. I took care of her and explained that we all poop and there comes a time in everyone's life where the need to have the help of someone else. And I told her to take it from me because....well, I KNOW all to well EXACTLY what she is going through. I helped her a bit and then lectured her about feeling sorry for yourself and that this does not help the situation at all and it could certainly have been worse - so quit the pity party. Then I lectured my FIL on how she is his responsibility and that he has to stop thinking about himself and take ABSOLUTE care of her. I guess my work is done there. Now before you think of me as pompous or arrogant, I wasn't really lecturing. I was just helping them see the brighter side...or something like that. I mean, I was on the receiving and ordering end of the same situation, within the last 2 years. So it is still fresh. Moving on....so tomorrow I have to get Jadyn to the doctor for her ear that I sweat is falling off, clean the fish bowl, go to the library to pick up a dvd for the trip, pack for the trip, pick up a rosebush to take to the relay, and who knows what else. But this being said, I better mosey off to bed, so that I can get it all done. Until later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment