Monday, June 15, 2009

The Closet, The Hockey Stick and The Pool

The kids decided they wanted to sleep in my closet. So, now that it is summer vacation, I said what the heck? So here they are setting up "camp". If you look in the lower right corner you can see that Jacob has moved in his trophies and medals, Grace moved in her Hannah Montana cube with her notebooks and Jadyn moved in her basket with her Pull-Ups. They have made the closet their new home. They even asked me if I could put a TV in there for them. I had to draw the line somewhere...maybe tomorrow.



And here they are sleeping....notice that it is NOT my closet. I had Bible study and this is where they fell asleep waiting for me to put them to bed....in my closet.



Jacob has a sock-covered ice pack over his eyes because earlier in the day, while we were at a friend's house, he got hit in the eye with a hockey stick. And yes, it did split the corner of his eye. The funny thing about it was after it happened he just came over to where I was and said "I think I will just sit down here for a while." Which is NOT the norm for Jacob. He never just wants to sit (unless it is in front of a TV) and he certainly never just wants to sit by me. There was no crying and he didn't even tell me that it happened until after I noticed the blood and immediate bruise and asked about it. I guess Grandpa's lecture about crying must have stuck. Too bad the sermon on allowing kids to cry came AFTER the lecture. Good thing he has a mom to set him straight. Cry if you need to, don't if you don't.

And here is my littlest pumpkin in the pool for the first time this year. I thought I could say for the first time, but then remembered that he went in for a millisecond last summer. But he sure looks sweet, though, doesn't he? I thought you would agree. He ABSOLUTELY loves to be in this seat in the pool with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment