Saturday, May 30, 2009

Party All Weekend

I remember as a kid "camping out" in the basement, sleeping in the boxes that the ceiling tiles came in. I think that is what my own kids are after. They made "beds" for themselves in the loft, and since it IS a "party weekend", I figured what the heck? I just hope they sleep and are not crabby in the morning for church. You know how the devil likes to attack on Sunday mornings, right? So here are some pictures of their "beds":

Still working on the "building" phase

Snuggled in

Grace

Jadyn

And You Know Who with ALL the Pillows


Last night I decided we would have a movie night. What I didn't plan on was 8 kids instead of just 4. But with a quick trip to Target, we were in business. We rented the movie Madagascar 2 and if you have seen it you know the song "Move It" is in it. Well, ALL these kids love that song and as soon as it came on, a dance party ensued. It was SO much fun to watch them all get down. I wish I had pictures to post but I was too busy video taping it to take any real pictures. They were certainly a bit crazy but I'm sure that had nothing to do with our menu. We had:

Brownies
M&Ms
Gummi Bears
Chex Mix
Goldfish (Extreme Pizza flavored)
Root Beer

No sugar at all. They were all so good and crazy and it was a total blast! In fact, Jacob even said to me this morning...."Mom, I had SO MUCH FUN last night!" His emphasis, not mine. I was so glad to hear that. I guess that sometimes it is a good thing to just break down and party like a first grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment