Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Legend Retires

Holly McCarthy, or "Miss Holly" as she is known, is retiring this year. It is a very sad occasion for Creekside Elementary and my family. She has been the main secretary at Creekside since my kiddos started going to school. She made my transition to kindergarten the easiest ever. She knew my kid's name and my name even before he started school. The most interesting part of that is it wasn't just limited to me. She knew everything about everyone. Truly amazing. She had a way, very similar to Grandma Boss, of making each person feel as if they were the most important person in the room at any given time. She definitely leaves behind HUGE shoes (literally too) and leaves a legacy that will always be remembered. Thanks Miss Holly for all you have done - for me, my kiddos and our town in general. You are a treasure!













No comments:

Post a Comment