Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Still Loves His Momma

Sunday night Jacob had his friend Noah over to spend the night. They were sleeping in the basement. Shortly after midnight, Jacob came up to my room and said he couldn't fall asleep. Then he asked me if I would come lay with him. I was surprised at first. Of course, I know he likes me to lay with him, but with his friend over? So I went and laid there with him, listening to his friend snore, trying to be as still as I could so as not to wake his friend and have him see that I was laying with Jacob (good mom, right?) So after 10 minutes Jacob was asleep and I went back to my own bed. In the morning I was talking to the boys, and I said something about checking on them. Then Jacob said, "You came downstairs?" Quickly realizing my mistake (mentioning that I was down there) I back-pedaled and said that at 1:30 I came down to check on them and the were BOTH asleep. Then Jacob asked, "You came down at 1:30?" To which I lied and said yes. Then he said, "Well, you were down here at midnight too when you came and laid with me." OK - I guess I didn't need to cover my tracks. I LOVE that he didn't even care if his friend knew I was there. Precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment