Monday, February 25, 2013

Greg's 45th Birthday

The following are my status updates from the time surrounding "Greg's Birthday Extravaganza"





:

"My kitchen is a HOT MESS and I believe we used EVERY dish in it, but Greg's pre-birthday dinner and birthday breakfast are well underway. My party planners are rocking this house!"
"Dinner was a huge success! Fried porkchips, cheesy potatoes and various veggies. Followed by opening a present, a quick trip to Meijer for shoes Greg has been eyeing (he had to make sure they were "cool" enough, so we all had to go), then a VERY LOUD game of Memory (right Tom Ossman??), and finished up with apple pie and ice cream. Tomorrow morning (bright and early) we are having breakfast egg casserole and birthday cake. Thanks to basketball, the dentist and 5th grade camp, we have absolutely no time to celebrate a birthday. Greg was pretty whiny about this so we had to make a pretty big deal about his birthday eve party."
"Birthday breakfast was a success. When I went to wake up the girls, Jadyn jumped up but Grace didn't move. That is when Jadyn informed me "you have to hit her." Really? I have never tried that technique before. All have eaten and most have returned back to bed - in fact, they kept asking Greg when he was leaving so they could get back into bed. Grant was slightly disappointed that Greg wanted to wait until nighttime to eat cake. He wanted cake for breakfast, and I must admit, so did I. Wait until our birthdays, Grantie-boy. Happy Birthday to the Love of my Life!"







 

No comments:

Post a Comment