Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Random Kid Stuff

Grant has learned to "arm fart". Such a wonderful trick. Last night I was laying with the boys and they started a symphony of arm farts. Grant started, then Jacob joined in, which made Grant laugh hysterically. As rotten as it is - I guess it is better that the real thing, huh? I loved that they were having such a good time with such a simple thing.

Jacob has recently developed some allergies and now has to take Flonase. I love when he asks me about taking it - because he calls it Flanose (flay nose). I guess he figures that since it has to go in his nose, it should have the word nose in it. Make me smile.

A couple of nights ago Grace and Jadyn were going to have a sleepover. However, Grace was sleeping away and Jadyn was having a friend sleep over. (The friends were sisters). Shortly after Grace left, Jadyn started moping. We told her to go and play with her friend - she wasn't being a very good hostess. The two girls went downstairs and after a couple of minutes I went down to check up on them. I found Jadyn's friend standing in the doorway to the bathroom watching Jadyn sob. When I asked Jadyn what the problem was, she told me (through sobs) that she missed Grace. She "needed" Grace. It ended up that all 4 girls stayed at the friend's house. I think it is sweet that my girls love each other so much, but they will have to learn to be able to sleep without each other - at least someday.

Today the girls got an early birthday present. They got new bedding and (room-darkening) curtains for the bedroom. They love them and so do I! I fought and sweated with the curtains, but they are up and it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment