Monday, May 14, 2012

Just Another Day

So we are in. Not totally, but 98%. There are still a few things that need to come down, and I have to have a garage sale this weekend, but other than that - we are close. What a blessing this home is!!! Today I was moving a trailer back to my parents' house. I had to fight to get it on the hitch in my driveway and then my poor van struggled to pull the trailer. Once I finally got it to their house, I tried to back it into the barn and the fit was too tight for me to maneuver. So I took it off the hitch (another fight) and decided to push it into the barn. Well, the wheel that the tongue sits on didn't turn, so that made maneuvering the trailed almost impossible. I forced myself to push though. When I got the wheels to the edge of the barn I realized that the 2 inch lip at the door was making it impossible for me to push the trailer, laden with old carpet and pad and steel shelving. Jadyn jumped out of the van and told me she would help. Great. What help was my sweet 5 year old going to be? I was more concerned that the trailer would roll forward onto her. Meanwhile, Grant was in the car, screaming about a bee that was on the OUTSIDE of the van. I was quickly getting frustrated, because in addition to this being a huge annoyance, I still had to get home and start dinner before picking Grace up from GOTR. So, I did what I guess I should have done in the first place. I cried out to God. I told Him that I needed to get this trailer in the barn and I could not do it myself. I needed extra strength - even if it was only for a few seconds. Then I pushed. Guess what? The trailer went up over the lip - on one side, which made it easier for me to get in the rest of the way. Oh - did I also tell you that I only had flip-flops on? And at this point in the procedure, I had taken them off and was pushing barefoot, so as to not ruin my new flip-flops. PRAISE GOD - because that strength was NOT my own. I knew I couldn't do it. I had spent the last few minutes trying feverishly. That strength came from the LORD. Where all my strength comes from. Praise His Holy Name!!! Fast forward to my softball game tonight. First time playing with this bunch of girls - and I was kind of nervous. The game was a very competitive one (which I like). I ended up going 5 for 5, with 4 singles and one double (remember my prayer for strength? I think it carried over.). My double put me on base to be the winning run scored! It was exciting for sure. I completely lost track of time because the game got over at 8:30, however, I was supposed to be at Jacob's friend's house to pick Jacob up at 7:45. Oh nuts. Driving through downtown Brighton I ended up getting a ticket. A really terrible ending to an otherwise great night. Bummer. Pride cometh before the fall, Michelle. Watch the pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment