Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Do Not Forget the LORD

Reading in Deuteronomy 8 - this chapter has a heading of "Do Not Forget the LORD" - as I read through this chapter, I think about my life. I think about the "desert" that God brought us through. In my mind, that includes Illinois and back, the Lear saga, unemployment, renting, etc. I look now and am thankful for the "wilderness", but even more thankful to be on this side of it. I see the "land flowing with milk and honey" all around me and I am reminded to not forget the LORD. Part of me thinks - how could I? After all He has done? Then the other side says, when things get going good (just not bumpy) we have a tendency to think that we can handle things now and move away from God. THAT is the LAST thing I want to do!!! For reasons I will never understand, He loves me. This does not mean I get what I want from Him; in the same way that I love my children, but they also do not get whatever they want whenever they want it. But I do love to give them things they enjoy and see their happiness - just the same way that God does with me. Therefore, as I sit in my new home and ponder God's unbelievable goodness to me, I can't help but dedicate this place to Him. I am His, and all I have is His. That includes this new place - a place that I want to be an expression of God's love. I want to use my home for Him. I want all that enter here to feel His Presence and His love. Thank you LORD for your countless blessings. Most of all...thank You for loving me, thank You for sending your Son to take my place on the Cross, thank You that I am Yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment