Sunday, September 4, 2011

The New Piano

We are the proud new owners of a piano. This piano was given to us by Aunt Gayle, in addition to a bunch of other household goods. She REALLY blessed us! Grace is so excited to start piano lessons. In fact, she has already learned "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", from the music sheet I learned on when I was younger and taught myself. Then Aunt Gayle came over and taught Grace how to play "Amazing Grace" on the black keys. She picked it up so fast, I was totally amazed at Grace (pun intended). But what was even neater than that was that the day after Grace learned on the black keys, she taught herself how to play on the white keys. Totally impressed. She is so determined though. When she gets up in the morning, the FIRST thing she does is head to the piano to practice. I can't wait to see how she does with her lessons. They start next week.....I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment