Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grace's Deep Thoughts

Last night Grace had a breakdown and Greg had to handle it, as I was out. She was upset about getting old. I wondered if it was because I was a a memorial service for a friend's mom. This morning I asked her about it, but she was adamant about not wanting to talk to me about it. Finally, tonight, as I was putting the girls to bed, she told me she was ready to tell me. She is really scared about getting old. She does not want to be away from her family. She was telling me that next year (and she even explained to me that she knew a year was a long time) Jacob would be onto to a new school and it would just be her and Jadyn at the school and she would be the oldest from our family. Then she would leave and it would just be Jadyn and Grant. Bless her sweet big sister's heart - she did not want to leave her younger siblings behind. She continued telling me that she would grow up and Jacob, Jadyn and Grant would all be somewhere else and she would not be with Dad and me and she would just be all alone. I tried explaining to her that, most likely, she would not be alone. She would have friends, a boyfriend (heaven help me) and eventually she would probably get married. She really would not be alone. I also reminded her that even when there really is no one around her and she is all alone, she really is not. God never leaves us or forsakes us. He who watches over us never sleeps or slumbers. So anytime she feels nervous or anxious about being alone, certainly she can always talk to me and I want her to, but she should know that God loves her more than anything and He will always be there.

After this, our conversation turned to school. She reminded me of when I had told her that someday they would hear things at school that are not the complete truth. And then she told me that she heard something today that she knew was not the truth. Her teacher was talking to them about how bridges and roads are man-made things and that things like lakes and mountains are made by nature. "Well, I know that that is a lie because God made those things, not nature." So then I had to discuss how God is the Creator of all nature....nature does not create itself, but nature does exist and things like lakes and mountains are natural things that are created by God.

My sweet Grace is so amazing. The things that her mind thinks of simply astound me. She is so young to have such deep, serious thoughts. I am so thrilled, though, to see God's truth being hid in her heart. I am so thankful that she is aware of and paying attention to things that don't sound right. I am so thankful that she is thinking for herself instead of just following around behind whoever seems to be out in front. Thank you Lord, for Grace's heart, soul and mind. I pray that You would use the gifts You have given her for Your Glory! Praise Your Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment