Monday, August 29, 2011

Trusting God in School (Upper Room Devotion)

Yesterday I felt the need to pray for my kids for their upcoming school year. I prayed for them and their teachers, but most specifically for their friends. None of my kids have any real good friends. So, my prayer was for good Christian friends - I am talking about REAL friends. Not the kind that come and go, but real friends. I pray that my kids will make an impact (for the good) on other kids.

So, last night at 10:15pm, I sat down to do my devotions. Late? Yes. But I still did them, right? What was so cool about it though, was God spoke directly through that devotion to my mother's heart. The Scripture was from Matthew 7:7-11:

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Ask and it will be given to you. My Father in heaven will give good gifts to those who ask. I am asking and He is speaking. Praise God in Heaven that He is the Ultimate Father. The One who knows how to give even better gifts. There are not words that could explain the elation I went to bed with last night. My Father in Heaven is eternally praised!

Oh yeah! And the devotion was from a 10 year old boy, who trusted his school year to the Lord. Hello? And then the prayer focus was for elementary school students. Oh praise the Name of Jesus!

Want the truth? I really prayed for Jacob. Yes, I prayed for all my kids because I want this for them all. But, my Jacob seems to have the most difficulty making friends. Maybe it is because all his life he has had a best friend in his cousin. Maybe it is because he is first-born and is a bit like his mother. Whatever it is, I do not know, but I do know Who can help him overcome. The One who overcame the grave. Jesus, Savior, Lord, Friend. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment