Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thinking in the Morning

I am coming into the realization that this world is not my home. I already knew it with my head, now it is happening in my heart. I read something yesterday that was talking about blessings here on earth. When we have everything we want here on earth, we have no longing, we have nothing to look forward to. When we have, we constantly want more. I do not want to have so much here on earth that I stop longing for my true home - heaven, where Jesus is. Don't get me wrong. I really like many of the comforts of this world. I am really realizing that I do not have to have them to be happy, joyful or content. I did learn part of (or maybe it should have been all of) this lesson when Greg was unemployed. Yes, we hated it. But, by God's grace, we were happy. He provided for our needs and we got to spend time together like never before. That also goes back to the book I am reading.....we can't know God's will for our lives. He isn't a crystal ball - He does not tell us the future. He gives us just enough for today. "Give us this day our daily bread....." Just enough for today. When we are constantly worrying about the future, we stop living for the day. The day is all we have. We are not promised the future. We miss so much by wasting our time that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment