Thursday, May 12, 2011

Critical Mass

I think yesterday was it for me. I mean, praise God, I was not crazy or out of control or anything. It was just the realization that I am at a crazy time. Let me flesh it out. I was making dinner. Jacob was working on his state of Arizona report, which includes a stove box that needs to be decorated inside and out and him as a wax museum figure - and I needed to help. Grace was working on her telling time homework - and I had to check each problem as she did it to make sure she was doing it right (by her suggestion, not mine). Jadyn kept coming in from jumping on the trampoline and asking me to come and jump with her, or at least watch her. And Grant was throwing 2 balls at my pictures on the mantle and screaming as he did so. He just wanted to make noise. I think he thinks if he does not make a LOT of noise I will forget he is there. Not possible. So, I was being pulled 5 different directions all at the same time. It just felt like overload. Welcome to motherhood! The good news? Everyone was tended to, or helped, or watched AND (in the words of Grace, dunt dun duh) dinner did not burn! Woo hoo! And praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment