Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Birthday 2011

My birthday this year was a pretty good one, except for when Grant decided to stir the glitter with a pair of scissors and make a big mess. I had pink cake with my kids for breakfast. Grandma made the cake with the kids the night before when Greg and I went out to dinner with Steve and Julie Schultz. We went for our birthdays (mine and Julie's), but also ended up celebrating Julie being pregnant with their 6th baby! Can you believe it? I am so happy for them. I'm also glad it's not me. But, back to my birthday....after the cake, we took pieces to school to share with the principal, secretaries and teachers. I love cake, but I don't think it would be wise for me to eat the whole thing. Which I would do, trust me. Then I really did nothing the rest of the day, until after school, when we went to mom and dad's for dinner. Grandma H and Debbie were there too. Mom made a great dinner (poppy seed chicken, antipasto salad, asparagus, corn, jello, bread and of course, hot fudge cream puffs). After dinner, Greg took the kids home to bed and I stayed and played hand and foot with mom, Grandma and Debbie. What a great day!

The pictures are of the kids and I....Greg was waiting for them in the car. Ever the patient one. Too bad, he missed out on a pretty good picture. The other one is Grant caught in the action of making a mess with the glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment