Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Submission

Yesterday, as I was on my high and mighty horse, I sent a message to my newly married cousin. I reminded her (and myself) of what the Bible (God) says about marriage and a wife's role. We are to submit (I know, such a yucky word in today's day and age) to our husband's leadership. Part of my reason for sending the message was because I felt God prompting me, but the other reason was that I was struggling with this. It is sometimes a very hard thing to do, especially when we (the girls) are so strong willed (and always right - not) and our wonderful guys are more easy-going and laid-back. My prayer is that she will not be offended by my unsolicited advice, but rather take it to heart. My prayer is also that I, too, will take it to heart and start submitting to my own husband. This does not mean that we become a doormat. It means that we have a servant's HEART towards our husband, be his helpmate and partner, and follow his leadership - even when we think it is wrong. Sure, we can talk things over, as part of the partnership of marriage, but ultimately, the husband is "in charge". I know, I know.....even as I type this I am sure you are thinking....."sure, Michelle. You really believe that. Sure." (sarcasm intended) But, honestly, in my heart, I do believe this. My job now is to make sure everyone who knows me sees in me exactly what I believe. Not what I "think" is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment