Tuesday, February 1, 2011

He's Still Workin' on Me....

But.....I saw MAJOR progress yesterday. And I also saw the devil try and attack. Yesterday I took dinner to a friend, a friend I have had issues with being jealous of. A couple of weeks ago, I put that monster to rest by confessing it and asking for forgiveness. So, yesterday when I took the meal to her, I wasn't sure how things would go. She recently moved into a beautiful home in the woods, but not so far in to be deep in the woods. It is absolutely lovely. What I noticed after the fact, was that I was not jealous. PRAISE GOD! I think a couple of weeks ago I would have been. Given our current "home" situation, I think that I absolutely would have been jealous. I love God's awesome timing in this though. Get the junk cleared and removed, so that I can "love my neighbor as myself", without being ruled by jealousy. The attack came after I got home. I was checking my emails and there was one from a realtor we had been talking to. It had a bunch of listings. We had already put this to bed - we were going to wait on God's timing for our own home. But I looked at the listings anyway, and felt, only momentarily, like I wanted.....wanted my own. Then I looked around at the blessings I have and the feeling was gone. Quick as that. I love that God is still working on me. To make me what He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment