Monday, May 18, 2009

Some Updates

What can I say about Jadyn? Yesterday, while trying to "catch" a snake in the frog pond, she fell in. She tried to swim out - didn't work. She tried to stand up - she slipped on the slime on the bottom. Grandma finally pulled her out and she was covered with "guk". Grandma took her in, showered her and brought her home - wearing Grace's hoodie and Jacob's old baseball pants. She had no underwear on, so everytime she walked, she mooned everyone! Oh, the girl!! Then today at dinner....I mean, who could spill a whole glass of lemonade (OK a lot of kids) but then manage to fall, face-first, off her chair and into the puddle?? And then just lie in it??? Aaagghhhh.

Still praying for God's direction in our lives. Currently, really praying for the "long fuse" I prayed for at the beginning of all this. I have noticed during the last few days, that I have become less tolerant and more easily angered or irritated. So, if you get a chance...lift me up, could you please? I don't want to be like that. I want to be kind and compassionate and patient.

I was encouraged by a good friend to keep Jacob and Grace up 20 minutes past bedtime in order to spend more time with them. They take turns - and we try to do it a couple of times each week. They seem to like doing it - they look forward to it. And so do I! I love to have uninterrupted time alone with them.

Grant has "pulled" himself twice now.....each time for a donut hole (Thanks Gramps!) He has army-crawled and only on the wood floor, but he is getting there. And he is very sassy - very much a "baby". We'll have to nip that in the bud quickly :) But he is so sweet, it is hard not to give in. I think I am becoming a "softy". Oh no.

Greg is getting frustrated with his drive. Who could blame him though? This past weekend, he tried a new way back and instead of taking 5 hours, 20 minutes, it ended up taking just over 7 hours!! Yikes! Not a way he is going to use again, especially since he had to pay $5.65 in tolls instead of the regular $0.60. So, if you think of him too, please pray for him!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment