Tuesday, July 24, 2018

We've had most of the 11 grandkids down here this summer. So, there's that. The food, the beds, the laundry, the attempt to keep everyone on some kind of schedule. Then we add to the list:

~ Spencer's hip surgery - originally scheduled for July 31, but cancelled by the chief of staff at St. Joe's hospital. Surgery is now rescheduled for August 8...in CONNECTICUT!!! What?!? The doctor that was going to do the surgery contacted his friend (and consultant) and asked if he could/would do the surgery. He said yes, and on we go.

~ Grandma had 2 spots on her right breast that were concerning, so she had to go in today to have them poked and/or biopsied. It depended on what they were. Praise Jesus they were only cysts and they collapsed upon being poked. One thing off the list! Praise the Lord alone.

~ Greg has been waiting for his manager to retire so that he can move into the position he was "being groomed for". Imagine his surprise when things went all kinds of wrong, and working with women (ugh) he is in the middle of yet another mess when it comes to him moving up. I swear (and I'm trying not to, but) this is ridiculous. I know that God has a perfect plan for Greg, but I hate that he keeps getting overlooked. So, all this stress on him has caused a diverticulitis episode and it is a dousy. Praying for his immediate healing.

~ While at Pom Camp, Grace hurt her hip. Thankfully, they have this week off of practice so she has time to heal. Praying that she fully recovers and can get back at it.


Sunday, the kids (Krystel's were already up north, so Scott and Katie's 4 and Jadyn and Grant) all went back up north with Scott and Katie for Venetian Week. They (at least mine) are thrilled to be doing something new. Mom, Dad and I have no idea what to do with ourselves. I honestly sit here some times just staring, knowing there are things I could be doing, but not being able to get my head there. The lack of routine for me is horrible. It has created a lazy monster. At least I'm getting my blog updated, right?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment