Saturday, January 23, 2016

Slaves Ain't Free in This House!

Recently, Jacob and Grace decided to "NOT" work together. Instead of working nicely together, they decided to have a knock-down, drag-out fight, to the point that Grace called me at work, crying and gasping because Jacob had "tried to kill her by choking her". I sent them both to their room to wait until I got home, where I would yell at them and beat them. I had time to think, and decided that instead of yelling and beating, I would talk and then act. I listened to their complaints without saying anything. Then, I took their phones and declared them my slaves. Then the work started. Jadyn and Grant loved it because they got to sit back and do nothing, while the "slaves" did all the work. At some point, Grace had enough free time to write a note on my white board.





She is learning about slavery at school and seemed it was an appropriate time to "re-teach" me about the abolishment of slavery. I thought it was a very witty attempt to "sass" me. Then later that night, I was having the kids read to me. When I asked Jacob to take his turn, he quickly replied, "Mom, slaves can't read." Smart kid. I love that my kids are so witty. I love that they are quick with a comeback, even if sometimes it is a little too sassy. They are great kids that never stop amazing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment