Thursday, January 28, 2016

One More Point of Frustration

This was a dousy! Jacob's basketball team voted him to be their selection for the All-Star team. This is the first year that they are having a team like this. Kind of a big deal, right? Well, Greg and Jacob came home from practice to tell me that when Jacob was advised that he was voted to be the All-Star - he declined. WHAT?!?! Fast break into me jumping down his throat about opportunities and sacrifices his dad and I have made to allow him these opportunities. On and on and on I went, secretly hoping that he was going to fess up and tell me that the real reason he gave it up was to allow someone else to have a chance. Then I would at least be less mad. But he never said that. I angrily dismissed him to go shower. After he was done, I demanded him to come back down so I could rake him over the coals some more. As he came in the room and I asked him what he was thinking, I started to see the chin quiver. That's when I knew it was coming. He started to cry and FINALLY told me that he said no because he always gets opportunities (which is totally not the truth, but whatever) and he wanted to give someone else an opportunity. Oh for crying out loud......we could have saved all of us some MAJOR grief if #1 he would have just graciously accepted the nomination, and/or #2 he would have been honest with us from the beginning. More lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment