Thursday, January 28, 2016

Frustration

I am frustrated. I have been thinking about this post for the last couple of hours, but in the last 15 minutes my frustration has blown through the roof. Let me start with the most recent. I was going through the checkbook (to let Greg know if he should use credit or debit for groceries), and I looked online to see my most recent paycheck. Low and behold, the much anticipated "raise" was there! A NEGATIVE $31.89 per paycheck. I am so lucky! (Yes, there is sarcasm there) That is more than maddening, especially since I am underpaid to begin with. Now that I have said that, let me finish by stating (again) I AM LUCKY! I am lucky to have a job. I am lucky to have a job that allows me to work when my kiddos are in school. I am lucky to have a job that allows me to be home when my kids are home. I am lucky to have a job that allows me to be with my kids in the summer. I am lucky to have a job that I enjoy (most of the time)!! I know that money is not everything, but some of it makes things a little easier. But that kind of stems right in to the original reason for this post. The original frustration, if you will. My husband. No - not like that. He is a great man. He works so hard, day in and day out. I mean, come on.....he is at the grocery store as I type (texting me like every 3 minutes, but at the store nonetheless). He is diplomatic. He is kind, but tough and efficient. He (still can't find the nuts I'm looking for) does whatever he has to to provide for his family. He is a great man. That is why I am so frustrated. I am so tired of him being "over-looked" for positions at his job. And it's not just this job. It is actually every job he has ever had since I have known him. It makes me angry. Not angry that he is not getting a promotion and more money, although I will not lie - that would be nice. I want Greg to be recognized. Recognized for the great man that he is. Recognized for the consistent, hard work he does EVERY DAY! Recognized as the leader he is. Respected, and not taken for granted. I know that God is our ultimate provider. I know with all my heart that He has a perfect plan for Greg and his job. I know that more than once God has saved Greg from himself and from me - as far as what we WANTED. And His plan continues to be perfect. So we wait. And we pray. I pray for Greg. I pray that he will be recognized. That he will be honored. That he will be rewarded. He deserves it. I know more than anyone. But anyone that knows him, knows he deserves better than he has been dealt. But again.......God's way is not our way, His plans are not our plans......THEY ARE BETTER. Thank you Lord that you do not give up on us. Even when we are so in love with ourselves.

Now, on a totally unrelated note, but also something that will (most likely) frustrate me in the near future. I joined a Weight Loss Challenge today. It is called "Fat Wars - The Chunk Returns". I paid to get in, and now I have to work. Tonight is the last night of me being fat. Tomorrow starts a whole new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment