Saturday, May 16, 2015

Coach Pawlak

I am coaching a volleyball team. Not because I wanted to, but because Jadyn (in 3rd grade) needed a team to play on. The only teams around are 4th/5th grade teams, and when I inquired about them, I was informed that they also needed coaches. I thought, well.....jolly fine.....you need a coach and my child needs a team. So, if Jadyn can play then I can coach. The lady told me she would need to check with the other teams in the league to see if they were ok with it. Seriously? She'd in 3RD grade, not 6th! Oye! Anyway, they said it was fine and here we are. I never thought I would enjoy myself, but I am. My girls are learning to be better volleyball players and if they would just MOVE THEIR FEET, they would be great!!! We have only won 2 games, but they were very sweet victories. Then, they all piled into my van, and off for ice cream we went. I hope they are enjoying themselves as much as I am. I can hardly believe it is over. I have LOVED spending this time with Jadyn and watching her progress and stand her own with these older girls. I am very proud of her!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment