Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Super Sad Day

I hate days like this. I know they are part of God's plan, but I hate them nevertheless. We got word today that my cousin (I have 2 uncles (brothers) that married sisters and this is the daughter of the sisters' brother - confusing, but we all grew up together, and her grandpa was like my grandpa, so we are just cousins), Kari, died in a boating accident late last night/early this morning. I was just thinking about how blessed I was last night, and then this.....it's bad enough that she died. It's bad enough that her parents and sisters are feeling the excruciating pain of loss. But then the devil uses this as a weapon to rip open my own suppressed wound of losing my brother. Obviously death is a part of life, but when people die young, it just sucks. It is somehow easier to swallow when you think that the person has lived a long, full life. But when they are young it is like swallowing a razor-coated monster truck. I'm telling you this though, without the hope we have in Jesus Christ, it would be completely intolerable. Where do you go and what do you do without hope? It's an empty, never-ending tunnel of despair. You can't climb out of it. There is no light shining in. Hope in Jesus Christ gives us a promise. And God's promises never fail. The hope of one day being in God's Presence and seeing our loved ones, knowing our loved ones have chosen Jesus and will also be in His Presence, that is a true gift. Why not accept this gift? If you haven't, do it NOW. Do it today. Jesus loves you and He is waiting for you to cry out to Him. He can and WILL forgive all your sins. Give them to Him.

                                  Rest in Jesus, Kari Way - Rest in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment