Saturday, March 22, 2014

Party (March 20-21, 2014)

I was cold - very cold - from working on the playground. It was the first day of spring, but I was standing in the face of winter and decided to wear capris, a short sleeved shirt and no socks, but it very cold still. So when I got home from work, I kept my coat on, turn the heat up, turn the electric heater on and pointed it towards me, and laid on the couch under a blanket. Apparently I fell asleep because I was awoken by Jacob handing me my phone and telling me that I might be getting some calls back. What do you mean? Well, he called a bunch of friends and asked them to come over and play basketball. Then my phone lit up - calls, texts, you name it. Since we didn't have school on Friday, we turned it into an overnight party. Jacob ended up somewhere between 7-8 boys over, and Grace and Jadyn each had a friend over. There was no less that 11 kids in my house the whole time. And I loved it!!!!!We went through 8 hot-n-ready pizzas, 8 2 liters of pop, 3 dozen donuts, and gallons of chocolate milk. It was crazy, my house was a mess and stank like sweaty boy, but we had so much fun! This kids are only young once, and this is all we get, so we are going to try and make the best out of every moment. Praise God for the opportunity to do these kinds of things. I am also very thankful to God for good friends in my kids lives. I pray that it continues this way. I even made a cool video of the day(s)! Here is the link:

 http://animoto.com/play/8ldKXH6YmLeMNUJF8HYcAg


















No comments:

Post a Comment