Monday, October 28, 2013

Zombies

Yesterday's sermon at church was on the walking dead - or zombies. Oh yes, did that resonate with me. Holy cow! An awesome illustration Pastor Brad used (taken from the Navajo Indians) was that there are 2 wolves living inside you - one is your spirit and one is your flesh. The question is not, which one are you starving (by not making bad choices), but rather which one are you feeding? That certainly hit home with me because I have been feeling that I have been rushing through my Bible reading and time with the LORD. Lots to do, right? Not a whole lot of time for you LORD. As Aunt Kathy told us, if the devil can't make you bad, he will make you busy. Problem is - being busy lends itself to being bad. Herein is where I sit.

Being busy = less time with God = poor choices = crappy life. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT!

So, I am making some changes. Love how God works though. This mornings ODB reading talked about waiting on the LORD. When people are attacking you (however they choose to do it), do not be afraid. God does not leave or forsake you. Then I read my Daily Bible Verse and it reminded me that even though the storm rages outside the boat of my life, I need to remember WHO is in the boat with me. Not only does He have the power to calm the storm, he will never leave my side. I do not need to be afraid, or worry, or fret, or concern myself with things that are really not important. (Which - BTW - is what I have been doing)

Thank you LORD for never giving up on me. I am a masterpiece in the works and I have an awesome Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment