Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oh......Jadyn

This afternoon, while I was bemoaning the amount of money I spent while grocery shopping, Greg was "trying" to cheer me up. We were lying on our bed and he was on top of me. I know that sounds bad, but we were just lying there - and he was being goofy. Enter Jadyn.....she says "What are you doing?" Greg says "nothing."Jadyn says, "Dad, why are you on top of Mom? You know that you are supposed to be on the bottom and Mom is supposed to be on top of you." OH_MY_WORD!!! Did she really just say that? Then Greg says "I know. That's what I was just telling her." My family is a bunch of nerds, that's all.

A few hours later, Jadyn comes running downstairs, with Grant on her heels. In her hand are 2 of the plastic tooth containers that the kids get from school when they lose a tooth. She is shaking them and you can hear the teeth inside. She says, "Mom, how come you have some of these?" I asked her where she got those. She replied, "They were in your dresser drawer, with a bunch of teeth in bags." Guess she found the tooth fairy's stash. I quickly changed the subject to try and get her mind off of the teeth. Grace started to say something and I gave her the death ray stare. She distracted Grant, Greg took Jadyn for a walk and I moved the tooth fairy's stash. I hope she is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment