Thursday, August 15, 2013

Laundry?? What Laundry???

While I was folding laundry the other day, Grant was supposed to be in his room putting his laundry away. In the midst of my laundry-folding extravaganza, he came down to me with the knob from his dresser in his hand. I told him to take it back upstairs and I would be there in a few minutes to fix it. A few minutes later, I headed upstairs. As I got to his bedroom, I caught the little stinker stuffing his clean laundry between his headboard and the wall. He noticed me and knew he was caught. He just kept staring at me, almost as if he was staring through me. I went in and started talking to him about how this was being disobedient and dishonest. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...and he was still staring through me. Kind of like he was trying to avoid listening to me and mostly avoid getting the forthcoming spanking. All of a sudden, mid-sentence of my tirade (although it was not yelling at all, as I was trying my hardest not to laugh at the kid) he comes out of his trance, holds his arms up in a questioning manner, and says "Are you going to fix my dresser or what?" I still cannot even type that and not laugh. Was this kid serious? He certainly has a knack for manipulation and attempting to change the subject rather abruptly. While I love him dearly, I am truly afraid he is turning into my father. Heaven help me - PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment