Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grace's 10th Birthday

Grace has a friend that is 8 hours older than her. Her name is Mallory. Mallory's mom is my friend. She was also Grace's teacher last year. Cool, huh? So for Grace's 10th birthday, she asked to go to Cedar Point. Since Mallory was also turning 10, she wanted to go too. So we decided to make a girls trip out of it. The plan was to go on either of the girls' birthdays. Mallory's birthday was supposed to be rainy, so we decided to go on Grace's birthday. Well, low and behold, Sunday (Mal's b-day) was beautiful and Monday (Grace's b-day) was rainy. Go figure. So, plan C was to go on Tuesday. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Back up to Monday (Grace's actual birthday). She woke up sad because she didn't get to go to Cedar Point. And since we were planning to go on her actual birthday, Greg made her a cake on Sunday. So - no cake on her actual b-day. No presents either. The trip was the big one, but she also got some "designer" jeans before her birthday. No presents, no cake, no cedar point......big bummer. At 10:37am I received a text from someone telling me that they were having an impromptu party for one of Grace's friends that is moving to China for 3 years. She said come at 11:30. So I got Grace moving and she was excited to go. She stayed there until 3pm, when I picked her and her friend that is moving to China (Hannah) up. After I picked them up, we stopped by Mallory's house and picked her and her brother up and came back to my house, where other friends (specifically Grace's friend Emma) were waiting to have an additional going away party for Hannah. What started off being a bummer birthday, ended up being a really GREAT time.

Then Tuesday came and the trip was on. We had a blast! Between the smashing of the legs (a personal thing) and getting turned around on the way home, I cried the day away. Grace and Mallory had a blast, and so did their moms!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment