Monday, April 1, 2013

Just Some Thinking.....

We are at a new church. I heard through the grapevine that this church is one for "pagans and nonbelievers". It may be. But Jesus said, that it is not the well that need a doctor, but the sick. Pagans and nonbelievers NEED Jesus, just like the rest of us. I have a been trying to figure out where I belong. Since the 2nd time at church, I have felt led to pray. At every service, there is a time called "Encounter"......interesting name, huh? But during Encounter, you may take communion and then there are people along the sides who are willing to pray with and/or for you. THAT is where I think I need to be. I love to pray for others. I may not be the best at it, but I love to do it. Recently, I have had the opportunity to pray for 2 different people. These people each have asked me specifically to pray for them for situations that they and their families are going through. One even said they knew about my relationship with God. While I was talking with each of them I mentioned that "the pit sucks, but God is good and His plan is perfect, even if we can't see it." Interesting that I am now in the pit. We have recently received some news that has the potential to be crappy, at best. There is crap going on all around us, and it all sucks. Big time. But I have to listen to my own words......God is so good. He loves us so much. And His plan is infinitely better than we could even think or imagine. There is definitely peace in that. I am feeling peace as I write that. The pit, the den, the furnace.....call it what you want. And whatever you choose to call it, it sucks. If you are in a place like this, remember this.......God will NEVER leave you or forsake you. He has a plan for you that has been in place since before the beginning of time. He loves you more than you will ever know. Trust Him alone. Do not be swayed by the wind. Grab on to the Rock. The One and Only. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment