Monday, April 15, 2013

Jacob Goes To 5th Grade Camp

Not only did Jacob go, but Greg and I went also. Greg went for the first 2 nights and I went for the last night. Greg got to stay with Jacob. I stayed with 18 girls I did not know. We all endured COLD and VERY WET weather. It rained EVERY DAY. Not just one or two......every day. It was lots of fun. The night I went we had a campfire - inside of course because it was way too wet to have a campfire outside - and a disco. The pictures where Jacob is standing with his hands out and in front of everyone is the campfire. He was the "sign" for the "Sugar Shack", but ended up just being a "sucker". Super fun! The disco was MEGA fun. I decided that I was going to dance with the kids. It was too fun not to. By the end of the night I was soaking wet with sweat. But I had fun, and I think a bunch of kids did too. I was not planning to shower so I did not bring any shower supplies, except a towel. One sweet girl offered me her "stuff that a lady would use", so I could at least get the sweat off. Fast-forward to bedtime....I was laying in my bunk and could not get comfortable for anything, so I asked a few of the girls to get up and help me add a mattress to my bunk. They did but it did nothing for my lack of comfort. So I tossed and turned. The longer I laid there, the more I wished there was another adult to ask for motrin from. I was hurting so badly from all my moving and grooving earlier that I simply could not sleep. The last time I looked a the clock it was 2am. at 2:46am my phone went off with a text from my friend that was watching my girls. She said that Grace was having a migraine episode and she wanted to know if there was something else she should be doing. I called Greg, he was no help. I remembered that my mom was just getting off work (at 3am), so I called her and she ended up meeting Stephanie to get Grace. Finally back in my bed but praying that all the 3 am drivers would be safe. 6:30am came pretty darn quick. Everything turned out fine, except for my lack of sleep. Camp was super fun. Oh, by the way, did I mention that Jacob went?















No comments:

Post a Comment