Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving Day was spent at Wayne and Sandy's house. Except for Greg, who stayed home with, what we found out 3 weeks later was pneumonia. As has been the case (OK since last year), construction was ongoing. But - wow - what a difference that construction has made. They are taking an already great house and making it spectacular!! It was a LOT of fun to watch Tim the Toolman (Jeremy) and Al Borland (Jon) working alongside Uncle Wayne. The kids had a ton of fun running and playing outside, and, of course, they never forgot their orange hats!!! It was a GREAT day, spent with GREAT family! 

We also shopped Thursday morning. I was NEVER intending to shop. I volunteered to stay back with the kids, especially Sawyer. So at 2 am on Thursday morning, Krystel brought a wide-awake Sawyer to me. He made noises for 2 hours then wanted to eat. I was up at 4am feeding him when Mom and Dad arrived back to Krystel's. Mom told me that I had to come with her because they needed extra people to wait in line. I begrudgingly went. We dropped Sawyer off to Krystel who was waiting in line at Meijer. Then Mom and went back to Kmart, where when she left she was 3rd in line. The people in positions 1 and 2 were Krystel's friends from Spencer's football team. They had my mom's money and were holding her place in line while she came to get me. When she left, they were the only 3 in line. When we got back, there were SIGNIFICANTLY more people in line. And not too many of them were happy to see us saunter up to the front of the line. One man in particular kept yelling at us. We just kept on ignoring him. Shortly thereafter, 2 police cars showed up and the guy who was yelling walked over to the cars. Next hing we know the police are heading over to us. They then tell my mom that she needs to leave the line because she is causing a disturbance. I could not keep quiet. I told the officer that who he needed to be talking to was the guy who called him, because HE was the one causing the disturbance. That did not seem to matter to the police. He insisted that my mom leave the line. What I noticed while he was talking though was that he was only asking my mom to leave and not me. Since Krystel REALLY wanted what we were in line for, I discreetly moved myself away from my mom. And never looked at the officer again. He never asked me to leave. So mom left and I stayed. As the police officer was walking away, the guy who started all this problem, yelled to the police that I was with "that other lady". The officer (finally) told him that enough was enough. So there I stood. In the cold (because when I asked my mom if I needed a coat, she said I did not), by myself (because mom had to leave so she figured she would go help Krystel), with no one to relieve me and hold my place in line (as I was on the heaviest day of my period), and in the middle of the night. What and ever. 

Very long story short.......Krystel got what she wanted AND.....I got one too. As soon as I received my "ticket" for the first item, I went to the back of the line and got another ticket. Poo on that mean guy. So there.




































The day after Thanksgiving we put up Krystel's CHRISTmas tree.  The kids had a LOT of fun doing that. Some maybe a little more than others.









No comments:

Post a Comment