Sunday, September 30, 2012

Working for the LORD

The kids and I just finished cleaning all the blinds in the house - each little blind piece by little blind piece. I double dog dare my kids to say they know what hard work is again. Seriously.
  I laughed when they told me that Sunday was a day of rest - "The Bible says so. It's a law.", they said. To which I replied, "It also says 'Children obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the LORD.' When you start doing that, we will address the rest." I also told them that we can make Sunday a day of rest, as long as we make the rest of the week FULL of days of work. (Don't get me wrong - I totally believe in a day of rest, to reflect on God and His glorious goodness. But I also think we can reflect while we work. And since the rest of the week was spent loafing.....well you get my picture.)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this, Michelle! :) Glad to know you and your awesome family is doing well! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete