Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Neighbor

I met my new neighbor at curriculum night last night. She is deaf. But I was able to have a nice talk with her via an interpreter. Tonight she came to my front door and needed something. Try as I might, I was not able to figure out what she was saying. Finally she asked for a piece of paper. She drew out that she had a cabinet that was upside down and wanted to know if Greg could help her. He was at football, so I told her (to the best of my ability) that I would help. Then she turned and walked away. I tried to call after her, then realized how dumb that was. I just followed her home and we (eventually) got the cabinet rightened. Clearly, I need to brush up on my sign language. But it was nice to be able to use my brute strength for some good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment