Thursday, February 2, 2012

CRISIS in the Pawlak Household!

Jadyn had to do a grandparent interview. She chose to interview Grandma Boss. As I was putting her to bed tonight, she told me that she had to have her grandparent at school tomorrow. Well.....Grandma and Grandpa just went up north and Mimi and Papa are in Florida. When I told her they went up north she started bawling. This was the first I had heard that the grandparent was supposed to BE THERE. So we called Grandma and did the interview over the phone. Grandma felt terrible and asked if she could phone in or maybe come in on Monday. Jadyn was just sad, really, really sad. She completed the interview and I sent her on to bed and finished the call with Grandma. Greg went upstairs where he found not only Jadyn crying, but also Grace. Grace, ever so sympathetic, was so upset at what was happening to Jadyn. She said, "This kind of thing never happened to me. I am so sorry it happened to you, Jadyn. If you want me to I will dress up as a grandma and come to your class." Awww.......Greg ran downstairs, grabbed the phone and told Grandma what she had done to HIM! Poor unsuspecting Grandma - who just wanted to get away and have some peace and quiet. I ended the call and went up to lay with the girls. They had moved on to a bit of laughter by this point - PRAISE THE LORD! Jadyn then explained to me that Grace had, indeed, volunteered to dress up as Grandma and come to her class. This was the description: she would take one of those hula hoop things from gym class and put it around her, then she would put Grandma clothes on and the hula hoop thing would be her belly, full of food. Nice. I am sure Grandma is nothing short of thrilled at a description like that. All is quiet now. I am awaiting an email back from Jadyn's teacher as to what exactly is supposed to happen tomorrow. We'll see.

I am just so thankful that my girls love each other so much. They really and truly feel each other's pain. They are more than a blessing. Thank You, LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment