Tuesday, January 26, 2010

American Girl Trip - Chicago 2010

Grace and I took the train and went to the American Girl Doll Store in Chicago on Sunday (Jan 24). The day started off crazy as I set our tickets down to fill out some paperwork for leaving the car in the parking lot. When the train got there and we were standing outside waiting to get on, one of the guys told us to get our tickets ready. I started looking for them and when I could not find them I became frantic. I tore apart my bag and then ran into the station, with Grace trailing me, and (thankfully) found them on the counter. We were able to get on the train and let our adventure begin. But, what an awful start!

Grace in the train station in Bloomington

On the train to Chicago (with Brynn - her American Girl)

Playing cards in the dining car

Outside Union Station - Chicago

With the "Just Like You" American Girls

Brynn's new dress - she just HAD to have it!

By the Felicity dolls (BTW Felicity and Elizabeth are my favorites!)

Lunch at the American Girl Cafe

MY "American Girl"

Sharing some tea - isn't the seat cute?

Just the 3 of us

Having dessert

ENJOYING dessert

At the Navy Pier - Chicago

Downtown Chicago with my cousin, Oliver


It was great to get to spend some time with Oliver too! The trip was ended with Grace making 2 new friends on the train-ride home. The girls started talking in the train station, of course about American Girl stuff, and we all ended up sitting next to each other on the train. Grace and I played cards with one of the girls and her mom - it was so much fun! I hope that Grace can play with them soon! All in all, it was a great day! I had a wonderful time just hanging out with my girl. I love her so much and feel blessed to have been able to take this trip with her. Praise the Lord for special blessings like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment