Friday, January 8, 2010

If I am Silent.....

....the rocks WILL cry out! Of praise the Name of the Lord God Almighty, who IS always on! This morning I came downstairs for my quiet time with the Lord and about 10 minutes in Grace came down. I was trying not to be bummed because I want that time alone, but I asked her if she wanted to sit with me and pray by herself. She said she would sit with me. So I finished my devotion and started praying and had an amazing time of prayer. As I finished I was crying a bit and Grace asked me why. I told her that when I came downstairs my heart was heavy with concerns and worries about things I have no control over and I just prayed them away and gave them to the Lord and HIS peace just engulfed me. So we had a very nice talk about how God is ALWAYS there and we can go to Him with anything at anytime (how blessed are we?). She eventually started into her "sickness" that comes each morning. We even talked about this and how I think that part of her problem is my fault because when we first moved here I HATED IT and had no qualms about saying so (smart, Michelle). But I told her that I am rejoicing because even though I had to come to a place I did not want, God is moving mountains in my life. I am so growing in Him - all glory and praise to HIM alone! I prayed out loud over and for Grace and part of my prayer was Philippians 4:6-7:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This is also the Scripture I wrote out on a notecard and taped to her mirror by her bed.

Fast forward an hour or so....we had a bit of time before the bus, so I decided to pull out an old Keys for Kids. I opened it (willy-nilly) to April 5, Vol. VIII, Number 2. The devotion is entitled "The Broken Train". I looked at the corresponding Scripture and guess what it was? Praise Jesus - Philippians 4:4-7. How amazing is the MIGHTY GOD I serve? I think my kids thought I was a little crazy because I was praising God like I have never praised before. TOTALLY AWESOME! Then we read the Scripture and the beginning part was for....me! Man, God really spoke to the Pawlak family this morning. Could we be any more blessed?

Philippians 4:4-5
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."

Well, how can I not rejoice? Aaaaannnnnnddddd....I just prayed this morning for God's help in making be more gentle. Oh praise His Holy Name!!! And for something that I want and yet struggle with, to know "the Lord is near" and there to help me....seriously I think I am going to bust!

The devotion was about a boy who wanted his grandpa to fix his broken train, and when the grandpa started fixing the train the way it needed to be fixed, the boy squawked and told him he was doing it all wrong and finally took the train back. The grandpa then had a discussion with the sister about how we often give our broken things (troubles) to God and when He starts to fix them the RIGHT way, we take them back because they are not being fixed the way we think they should be fixed. What a great illustration of our own ignorance. God is the Creator of everything. Who are we to think we know better than Him? But I even think of my situation - where God is working amazing things for His glory and I was telling Him a few weeks ago that this was not the plan I had for my life.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

God's ways are always better than ours and PRAISE BE TO THE LORD that He is allowing me to actually see that. Oh, how I love Him!!!!

Then we were getting ready to go to the bus and I asked my kids if they wanted me to drive them there or if they wanted to walk. Jacob said he wanted to walk and Grace said she wanted to ride. Before a fight ensued, Jacob suggested they flip a coin and quickly claimed "heads" for himself. So I went to get a coin and grabbed a half dollar, flipped it to the floor and it ended up "tails". Jacob complained, saying that it was "tails" because I picked the half dollar. So I reached in and grabbed a penny, flipped it to the floor and again it turned up "tails". What a great teaching moment. God knew it was in our best interest to ride (as it is FREEZING outside) and I suspect that no matter how many different coins I flipped, they would have all come out "tails". God's way is always the BEST! I am so grateful to know and belong to the ONE AND ONLY TRUE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE. I am so glad that God is real and living and not some made up wickity-wok. He is real and so wants each and every one of us to come to the saving knowledge of Him and His precious Son, Jesus - who died for you. Oh - turn to Him and see what He has in store for you. IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY MOMENT!!!!!

Let the rocks cry out. I have not even done Him nearly enough justice. PRAISE THE NAME OF THE LORD FOREVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment