Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mainly .......updates

My, my, my...it's been awhile. And a ton of stuff has happened, but I can't remember a thing. However, the most recent thing is that Jacob is going through "Spencer withdrawal". He has been struggling with his cousin moving up north. Tonight he was upset because his grandma was going up north and now he "was going to have no one fun to play with". Oh, how my feelings were hurt, but I did not let it show. I did say to him "I hope your kids love me as much as you love your grandma." I think he thought I was nuts - what with talking about HIS kids. So, tomorrow his friend, Cole, is coming over to play. Hopefully he will forget about his sorrows. It is hard to see him so upset.

And....we are waiting STILL.....to get back together as a family. God is working His plan and we are hopeful to be reunited soon. Besides which, Greg is tired of being a "bachelor" and I have had it with being a "single mom"....so we know we are being pushed back together. Doesn't this paragraph make you think we are separated? Well, technically, we are, but not in the sense that this makes it sound. Our marriage is doing quite well, even getting stronger, I would have to say. Although I just informed Jacob tonight that his dad will start setting a better example for him on how to act on a date...namely opening ALL doors for the lady and treating her like the special flower that she is.

Child #3 has recently had a name change. We no longer call her Jadyn - she is now known as "Boo-Boo". I'm sure you are not asking why? Are you? Boo-Boo is ALWAYS falling and getting hurt. She is never seen without a scratch or scrape or cut of some kind. Just yesterday, she was trying to tell me that she wanted to play with her neighbor friend and as she turned to look out the sliding door, she must have forgotten that the door was open and she fell out the door and landed on the concrete steps. Needless to say - there is significant "scrapage" - her chin, her wrist, her elbow, of course her legs. I think she likes her new name - it certainly fits.

Grant is crawling like a champ (and is in to everything). He is especially fond of the pantry, the tupperware cupboard and the cup drawer - not to mention ANY door stop. Oh yes - he also can't keep his 1 year old hands off the box of Wii gadgets and games. But the good thing is that he does listen well. If I tell him "no", he usually listens. He may look at the forbidden object of his desire, then look to me, then back at the object and decide he probably shouldn't cross momma. He's smart that way.

And Grace.....still sweet as ever. Always helping and considerate of her brothers and sister. She loves to visit her neighbor friend and "swap" clothes. There is never a time that she goes to her friend's house that she does not leave in clothes that are not her own. I guess that is one of the perks of having a friend, that is your neighbor and is your same size. It doubles your wardrobe! Man, she is smart, too! Her 6th birthday is right around the corner and the ONLY thing she wants is an American Girl doll, and one that looks just like her no less. I guess it is a good thing that her dad just ordered one for her, right dad? Boo-Boo's birthday is 2 weeks before Grace's and when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she responded with "cake, I just want cake". That's not helpful. I like it when they tell me EXACTLY what they want - then I do not have to think and I know they are happy. Man, that sounded terrible. Unfortunately, it is the truth. I am not that parent that is way into birthdays. Don't get me wrong I like to celebrate but I am not one for going overboard.

Enough of my gabbing...it's past time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment