Monday, July 20, 2009

Costco

Saturday we went to Costco. While we were there, they were demo-ing Dippin Dots ice cream (except it was not Dippin Dots brand - it was Kemps). The sign on the demo stand said Dippin Dots for $7.69. But the lady was giving out Kemps, which were for sale for $8.99. I asked her if the brand she was giving away was for $7.69 and she said yes. I asked her this twice. So we decided to get some. As we got in line to pay, I knew we were going to have an issue - I just knew it. So the cashier rang up the Kemps (dotted ice cream) and low and behold it rang up for $8.99. AS IF. So I explained the dilema to the cashier, who then called a person to go back and check it out. So we waited for what seemed like 15 minutes but was more in the neighborhood of 4-5 (which when you are standing in line just waiting - seems like forever). So the girl who went back to check had still not gotten back, so Greg decided to go back and help. In the meantime, the "rocket scientist" that was sent back to check came back and informed us all that the Dippin Dots were $7.69 and the Kemps brand were $8.99. Oh my gosh - really?!?!?!? I am almost certain that this is what I just told the cashier. Rocket-girl left out that the sign did not match what was being demo-ed. HENCE - THE PROBLEM. Then Greg came back with the sign (which he had to fight with the lady at the stand to get) and threw it on the counter and said "There. Now you can give it to me for free!" Which of course, they completely ignored. So they finally changed the price to what was advertised. However the EXTREMELY RUDE lady behind us managed to pipe up with "all that for a dollar?" I immediately turned around and said to her face "It is MY dollar." She then said "I would have given you a dollar to speed this up." Then I just wanted to punch her in her sweet little face, but God being the One Who Is ALWAYS In Control - made me keep my mouth shut. And of course, I thought of a bunch of wonderful comebacks once I was in the car. Better that I didn't say anything and set a bad example for my kids. I let that precious lady behind me do that. So much for family friendly shopping.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I probably wanted to say about half a dozen rude things back, but I wouldn't have thought of them till I was on the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must've hired that "rocket scientist" away from Walmart! And bravo to you for not punching that rude woman. And just know this....I totally would've bailed you out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of my favorite prayer...God, please place one hand on my shoulder and the other over my mouth! Good job!

    ReplyDelete