Saturday, July 11, 2020

7/9/2020 - A Garden Analogy

So I planted a garden through the course of quarantine. Who knew what God was teaching me? Today it all kind of came together. Bearing fruit comes from being attached to the main vine (Jesus). Pruning allows for stronger, fuller growth (the work of God in my life) - but pruning is backbreaking work and sometimes miserable, but OH so necessary. It needs to be tended - fed (Bible), watered (Holy Spirit), sunlight (Son Jesus), protected with a hedge/fence (prayer). Weeds (worry) will try and choke out the plants - they need to be removed (also sometime a painful process). Plants are stronger with deep and wide roots (just as I am stronger when rooted in Christ). Lord, thank YOU for the beautiful revelation that I am a flowering plant in YOUR garden, preparing to bear much fruit.





No comments:

Post a Comment