Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Grant's 10th Birthday


Oh the 10th birthday party! Grant's 10th birthday fell on a Friday this year. I was planning a surprise birthday party for him. I thought I could keep him after school with me and his friends could all get to our house and surprise him when we got home. I started typing the email, when I realized that Grant had a baseball game that day. Should I make his friends come sit at the game for 2 hours in the middle of the party? What to do?? Moments later....2 of the kids I was planning to invite ended up in the office in trouble. That settled it. I was NOT having the party. I don't like those friends anyway and do not want to encourage Grant to hang around them. Party cancelled. Throughout the next week, I had Grant have two other "playdates" with kids I considered appropriate friends for him. Fast-forward to Thursday (the day before Grant's birthday). Baseball game cancelled. I quickly sent out texts to the 2 "new" friends to see if they could do an impromptu birthday party and unfortunately, they were both busy. Bummer. Then I was offered 4 tickets to the Tigers game for birthday night. I quickly accepted and thought Greg could take Grant and........who? Grace and Sam quickly offered to go to the game to celebrate their 9 month anniversary (how romantic). So that became the plan.....Birthday morning, Grant came to me at work and was sad. He did not want to go to the game without any friends. I reminded him that his friends were not able to come. I called Greg and he came up with a brilliant plan to invite 2 guys from Grant's baseball team....because they should not have any plans because we were supposed to play that night. And after many phone calls and texts....it all worked out perfectly! Grant had a great time with his buddies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment