Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Challenge Day 2015

Last year Jacob was sick for Challenge Day, but I was able to go. What an awesome experience! I was totally bummed that he didn't make it. This year was Grace's turn. I texted her after school to ask about her day and she said it was "the best day ever" and she "cried a lot". Yep - sounds about right for Challenge Day. This is a time for classmates to join together on many levels to really realize that they are not alone. At the end of the day, you write a letter to someone, asking for forgiveness for something. Grace chose to write to Jacob.

Wow! Talk about making a mom sob. I watched as she gave it to Jacob, and he really had a hard time keeping himself composed. He hugged her and ran out of the room. Later I told him that she really loves and respects him, and looks up to him. I reminded him that she specifically asked to have a picture of just the 2 of them when we had our family pictures taken.


And don't they look cute? But what I was able to share with Grace was this......as I was putting Jacob and Grant to bed, the boys were telling me how much they loved me. Jadyn was also in the room waiting for me to put her to bed. As she walked out, Jacob said "Goodnight Jadyn." To which she replied "Goodnight." Then he did it......Jacob said "I love you Jadyn." Her jaw dropped and she did not know what to say. She was totally surprised. So I left and put Jadyn to bed. I started heading downstairs, and Jacob yelled to me. "Mom, don't forget to pick up Grace (what I heard was "my sister")" She started the ball rolling with her letter, and it just keeps getting better.

I love Challenge Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment